Thursday, January 11, 2007

Jan 8th





















To the top! I had to turn around in the chair going up to get the photo of the chair going down. Taking photos on a chair lift is a bit tricky - first off - I am holding onto my ski poles for dear life because I certainly don't want to ski down the mountain without my poles (although there are skiers who do, I am not one of them)!. Then - there is the matter of getting my glove off (and also not dropping it) and extracting my camera from the zippered pocket... in the meantime - I am keeping an eye out to make sure we aren't so close to the top that I have to start getting ready to get off! Taking all of this into account - I am fairly pleased with these 2 photos. I am in the Austrian Alps - and thankfully there IS snow because so many places don't have snow right now.
And a photo of my 3.5 year old son - waiting to be picked up for his very 1st day of ski school!!!

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

The picture of Little Boy with that look of anticipation on his face is priceless. You could make a fabric portrait out of that!