Monday, January 8, 2007

January 7th



I took this photo out of the car window as we were buzzing along at about 110 km, so it is amazing that I even was able to capture this tiny shed. The country side is dotted with these sheds - they look loosly constructed with every other slat missing so lots of air flow. Know what they are? They are hay sheds. Lots of fields still have them - but as farmers are embracing the plastic wrapped hay bales (and who can blame them - I think that this was a great invention in the farming arena!), hay sheds are going by the wayside - either from disrepair or even removal to make more room for crops. On the other hand - yesterday I saw many sheds with recent repairs, so maybe after a period of absense the farmers are using them again - maybe not for loose hay, but something else? One of these days I will ask DH to stop so I can get out and take some great photos, but at the speed - by the time I see something interesting and then my brain communicates to my mouth to say I want to stop - well - we are well past the shed!

No comments: